Saturday, November 14, 2015

Special Sewing Meeting November 15th

Here's Micki's note for the special sewing session today.  I will show the photos from Saturday in a separate post.  Lois
**********************

Hi Ladies - Thank you to all the lovely ladies who accomplished SO MUCH TODAY in just 3 hours at SeaBreeze.   We accomplished the fidget quilt goal, and I will give you details in another email.  Preview in a word:  AWESOME!

Tomorrow - Sunday - Nov. 15th - we have the CARD ROOM right next door to craft room - 12 to 3 for additional sewing day.  We will be cutting out and sewing up PJ bottoms we are making for the kids.  We have about a dozen ready to sew up thanks to nice ladies who spent time cutting out today.  I will have more fabric with me tomorrow to cut out additional bottoms.  

We are making boys and girls 7/8, 9/10 and 11/12.  We'll then buy short sleeve T-shirts and customize to make the PJ bottoms.  I'll show ideas for that tomorrow - EASY PEASY STUFF!

Sewing the PJ bottoms is not difficult - very easy to do for even the basic sewing machine and basic sewing expertise.  We have the cotton thread, we'll help you all the way thru.  And I promise to make it fun as well!!

AND... I'm showing sweatshirt conversions - we're starting with the basics and that is terrific way to get started.  I'm doing Christmas ones for myself.  Cathy Franklin is making her granddaughters each one - one is Frozen motifs 9/10 size, and one is Mermaids 7/8 size.  They are going to be sooo sew cute!!  I shared my one easy peasy sweatshirt today that is my very favorite - it has been one that I grab and it always is comfortable.  

OK - hope any of you ladies who are football widows like me will want to bring your scissors and machines out to SeaBreeze tomorrow so we can get these PJ bottoms whipped up quick.  Then we'll know what t-shirts we have a need for.

PS - Glass Fusion is in the craft room, so I think for sure you can still bring you machines and supplies in the craft room door and walk on thru to the card room right next door.   I'll be there by 11 am - so I'll give Glass Fusion a heads up about our special sew time.  Thank you all!!!

As always, God bless you and God bless America,
 *´¨)
 ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'
     Micki MacCumbee

Club Leader, Fabric Fun Arts & Crafts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home